If you’re using a Chromebook, there’s a chance your iPhone is locked. Here’s how to unlock it with a Chromebook:
How To Unlock iPhone
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer and sign in.
- Click the three lines in the top left corner of the browser window and select “Settings .”
- Under “Advanced,” click “Content settings.”
- In the “HTTP headers” section, click “show all.”
- Locate an HTTP header called “User-Agent.” If it’s not listed, type in “Chromebook/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.”
- Underneath that header, find a line that says “Content-Type: application/x-chrome-application;” and change it to read “application/x-apple-app-manifest+xml .”Save your changes by clicking OK.
- In the address bar at the top of the browser window, type chrome://extensions and press Enter.
- Click on the yellow triangle next to “Developer tools” to open it up. (If Developer tools aren’t open, you can open them by pressing F12 .)
- In Developer tools, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and select
How To Enable Remote Access in Chrome
If you’re using a Chrome device to connect to your iPhone, you can unlock it using the techniques described in our previous blog article.
First, open Chrome on your device and sign in. Next, open the “Settings” menu and select “Security.”
Finally, click the “Remote access” button and enter your iPhone’s IP address. You’ll now be able to access all of your app data, photos, and other files on the iPhone through Chrome.
How To Enable SSH in Chrome
You can easily enable SSH to access your iPhone remotely using a Chromebook. Just follow these simple steps:
- Open the Chrome browser on your Chromebook and navigate to https://www.google.com/settings/security/two-step-authentication?auth=1.
- Click on the “Two-Step Authentication” link at the top of the page and enter your Google account password.
- Click “Add an account” in the sidebar and select “SSH.”
- Enter your username and password for the iPhone’s remote login account and click on “Log in.”
- You’ll now be able to access all of the files and settings on your iPhone with this remote login account!
See also: How to make your Android phone look like an iPhone
How To Enable Diagnostics in Chrome
If you are having difficulty unlocking your iPhone with a Chromebook, there may be a diagnostic mode that can help you.
To enable diagnostics on your Chromebook, open the Chrome://settings/user data page and click “enable diagnostics.”
Once you have enabled diagnostics, your device will automatically start capturing errors and crashes so that Google can diagnose and fix them.
See also: How To connect Oraimo Smart Watch To Phone
Pros and Cons of Using a Chromebook as an iPhone unlocking device
Whatever at an advantage would indeed have a disadvantage, so today, we will look at the pros and cons of using a Chromebook as an iPhone unlocking device.
The pros of using a Chromebook for this purpose include the fact that it is a relatively low-cost option and that it is easy to use.
On the other hand, using a Chromebook has some potential drawbacks.
For example, if the Chromebook is lost or stolen, the owner may not be able to access their iPhone if it is locked with a passcode.
Additionally, if a passcode protects the iPhone, then even if the Chromebook is recovered, the user may be unable to unlock it without knowing the passcode.
I hope you enjoyed my post on unlocking an iPhone with a Chromebook. If you’re looking for a solution on how to solve this, phone numbers cannot be used for verification on your Gmail. I have a post for that so kindly check that out.
Many people are unaware you can use a Chromebook to unlock an iPhone. The process is simple and involves using a few Chrome extensions and passwords.
If you’re ever in a bind and need to unlock your iPhone, be sure to check out our list of Chrome extensions for unlocking passwords and other everyday tasks.