How to Check My Lost Voters Card Online and Retrieve it Back – If you have lost your voters card, you may be wondering how to check your voter registration status online and how to get a replacement card. In this blog post, we will explain the steps you need to take to check your lost voters card online and how to apply for a new one.
What is a VOTERS CARD?
First of all, you need to know that your voters card is also known as your Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC). It is a plastic card that contains your name, photo, date of birth, address, and polling unit number. It is issued by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) after you register as a voter.
Your voters card is very important because it is your proof of identity and eligibility to vote in elections in Nigeria. Without it, you may not be able to cast your ballot or participate in other electoral activities. Therefore, if you have lost your voters card, you should try to get a replacement as soon as possible.
There are two ways to check your lost voters card online: through the INEC Voter Portal or through the INEC Voter Verification Platform.
What is an INEC VOTER PORTAL?
The INEC Voter Portal is a website that allows you to access various services related to voter registration and elections. You can use it to check your voter registration status, update your personal details, find your polling unit, download your e-EPIC (electronic version of your PVC), and request for a new PVC if yours is lost or damaged.
To use the INEC Voter Portal, you need to create an account with your mobile number, email address, or voter ID number. You also need to verify your account with an OTP (one-time password) sent to your phone or email. Once you log in, you can access the various services on the portal.
How to Check My Lost Voters Card Online through the INEC Voter Portal
1. Go to https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/vvs and click on “Sign in” or “Register” on the menu.
2. Enter your Date of Birth, Last Name, or voter ID number.
3. On your dashboard, you will see a section for “Lost or Damaged PVC”.
4. Click on “Request New PVC” and fill in the required details.
5. You will receive a confirmation message and a tracking number for your request.
6. You can use the tracking number to check the status of your request on the portal.
7. You will also be notified when your new PVC is ready for collection at your local government area office.
The INEC Voter Verification Platform is another website that allows you to check the details of your voter registration and PVC online. You can use it to verify your name, photo, date of birth, address, polling unit number, and PVC serial number.
To use the INEC Voter Verification Platform, you do not need to create an account or log in. You just need to enter your voter ID number or name and date of birth and click on “Search”.
Here are some additional tips for checking your lost voters card online
- Make sure that you are using the correct INEC website. There are many fake INEC websites that have been created to scam people.
- Be careful about entering your personal information into any website. Only enter your information on the INEC website.
- If you have any problems checking your voter status, you can contact INEC customer service.
Here are some additional tips for applying for a replacement PVC
- Make sure that you have all of the required documents.
- Be patient. It may take some time to process your application.
If you have any problems applying for a replacement PVC, you can contact INEC customer service.
How to Retrieve My lost voters card online through the INEC Voter Verification Platform
Follow the steps below to Retrieve your lost voters Card
– Go to https://voters.inecnigeria.org/ and enter your voter ID number or name and date of birth.
– Click on “Search” and wait for the results.
– You will see your voter registration details and PVC information on the screen.
– You can also download or print a copy of your e-EPIC from the platform.
If you have checked your lost voters card online and confirmed that you are still registered as a voter, you can apply for a new PVC at any INEC local government area office near you. You will need to present a valid means of identification such as a national identity card, driver’s license, passport, or birth certificate. You will also need to fill an application form for a replacement PVC.
You should note that INEC does not charge any fee for issuing a new PVC. However, you may have to wait for some time before you receive your new PVC depending on the availability of materials and personnel.
We hope this blog post has helped you understand how to check your lost voters card online and how to get a new one. If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment below. Thank you for reading!