If you are a United Bank for Africa (UBA) customer, you might be concerned about the security of your online transactions. Fortunately, UBA offers a free service called Secure Pass that can help you protect your online transactions from unauthorized access.
Secure Pass is a two-factor authentication service that adds an extra layer of security to your online transactions. It works by sending a one-time password (OTP) to your registered mobile number or email address. You will then need to enter this OTP to complete your transaction.
The secure pass app is necessary to generate the token, which is necessary to do any bank transactions via mobile banking. When it comes to issuing tokens, this bank differs slightly from others. This soft token from UBA differs from hardware tokens from other banks like Zenith Trust Bank. Users of Android and iOS devices can download the Secure Pass app.
The following smartphone OS can download and install the UBA secure pass app.
- iOS [iPhone/iPad]
- Windows Phone
Step 1: How to download and install the app
To start the setup and activation of the UBA Secure Pass app, you must first download and install the app from your phone’s App Store.
Step 2: Requirements for Activation
The initial step is to download and install the app. Before your app can begin generating OTPs, you must activate and log in. This needs your User ID from your UBA online or mobile banking profile.
However, if you do have this requirement, then you can skip it. If you don’t, then you have to visit the UBA Internet banking registration portal.
You need an A/C number, and card details to complete Internet banking registration.
Lastly, if your UBA account isn’t eligible for a one-time password (OTP) login, which is a compulsory element, then you must contact UBA to resolve this.
This is the only way to use the secure pass application to generate a token. (It must be in line with UBA internet or mobile banking account).
Step 2: How To Log In To UBA Secure Pass
You can access the UBA app on your phone to generate the OTP code to complete your transaction
- Insert your User ID or UBA Mobile Banking ID.
- Select The country where you live. In this case, Nigeria, and click ok.
- Insert the OTP that will be sent to you and click Ok.
This will allow you to use the app to generate an OTP code. This OTP helps to complete all transactions on your UBA bank account.
Step 3: How To Request UBA Secure Pass Service
- Now that you’ve successfully logged into the app, skip other options, and select I‘d like to request a Secure Pass.
- You will need to provide an answer to your security question to complete your request. Then click Ok, only when you logged in with your internet banking user ID, and NO question security question to answer when you logged in with your mobile banking user ID.
- To proceed, enter a short name that is easy to remember for your new token identity, then click Ok.
- A popup may appear asking, “Have you downloaded and installed the UBA Secure Pass application on your mobile device?” Click Yes.
- On the following screen, when prompted to activate your UBA Secure Pass Identity, just touch on Activate UBA Secure Pass.
- A successful activation message will be displayed on your screen, this is only when the activation was successful. You can then click Next to proceed or Cancel for more options.
Step 5: How To Generate UBA Secure Pass Token
You can effortlessly transfer a maximum of N5,000,000 per day using the UBA’s soft token pin. You can also use that pin to transfer payments and pay bills on your internet or mobile banking account. We’ll now look at how to generate and obtain the token code. The importance of establishing this token pin cannot be overstated. It will be the sole pin necessary to produce a secure token code each time you need to approve a transaction.
- On the following page, you will be requested to establish a four-digit pin. You must enter a 4-digit pin of your choosing, confirm it, and then click submit. This will produce the initial token code for you.
Congratulations, you have successfully created a token pin using the soft token. It is important to note that it can also be done using a hardware token. This pin will also be required of you almost every time you need to provide this 4-digit pin to generate token codes.
That is how the UBA Secure Pass service works.
Keep in mind that this 4-digit pin will serve as your primary access to your bank’s token pin and account transactions. Carefully choose simple digits that’ll be easily remembered.