How to generate token code for GTBank – GTBank internet banking has been advanced to consummate transactions not just with a hardware token, but the soft token these days, ordinarily, the hardware token device is obtainable at a fee, however, the soft token is generated at no fee at the point of consummating transactions.
Carrying out financial transactions from your bank has been made easy with the advent of the Internet and mobile banking. However, to secure your account and confirm your identity, every bank issues a security code known as a token to their customers.
As Nigeria leading financial institution, Guaranty Trust Bank Popularly known as Gtbank customers now need a token to perform the following transaction.
1. Transferring money from your account to another GTBank account or other banks.
2. Generating secure codes
3. Conducting FX transfers
4. Processing Cash/Draft In transit
4. Adding more service options on our Internet Banking platform (add service)
Making FX Sales e.t.c
Gtbank also revealed that when conducting any of the transactions listed above, you will be required to input a 6-digit code in a defined field to validate and conclude the transaction. This code can be generated by clicking the white button on the device.
Failure to do so will lead to the error message “internal server error” coming up on your screen every time you try to use the token.
The good as about it is that You only need to activate your token once and then you can continue to use it forever for your Guaranty Trust Bank online banking as long as you don’t misplace it.
What is GTBank Token?
Tokens are a set of codes used to authenticate Internet banking transactions on the GTBank platform, at the point of completing transfers via Internet banking, the Token is required to authorize your transaction.
Ultimately, the token can be generated via the GTBank USSD code.
How to generate token code for GTBank internet banking
Step one: From your registered mobile number with GTBank, dial *737*7#
Step two: Input your GTBank account number through which you are looking to complete your transaction.
Step three: Enter the last 6-digit of your GTBank card “Primary Account Number” (PAN)
- From your registered phone number with the bank dial *737#
- Select ‘11” to navigate
- Select “8” to generate a token
- Input the required details your token will be generated at once, use it to complete, and authenticate your pending transaction.
- Kindly be informed that the token stays active for just one minute.
Benefits of Gtbank token
1. The security token always generates a random code for every transaction thereby making it impossible for another person to carry out online transactions from your account.
2. There is no need to visit a branch. With a security token, you can carry out online transactions anywhere in the world.
3. You can send money to family and friends and make payments from a computer and web-enabled mobile phone.
4. The token is the latest in banking security technology which uses 128-bit data encryption to protect your account details