Remita payment- Are you planning to pay an E-invoice on Remita or do you want to register a Personal/Corporate profile?
With Remita you can Pay Lagos State Government, pay school fees, FRSC, any federal government agency, and other businesses using the Remita platform, Both government and non-governmental organizations or personal businesses can receive and make payments via Remita
For this content you will understand how to pay a registered biller/ merchant with Remita you also learn how to add a bank account to your Remita Mobile/ Web
Remita was launched in 2005 in Lagos Nigeria by SystemSpecs and it remains the preferred and default payment gateway that enhances the Federal government of Nigeria’s Treasury Single Account (TSA) and other states and Federal government revenue collection
How to pay a registered biller/ merchant
1. To pay for merchants or billers via Remita kindly visit www.remita.net
2. Click on the icon ‘Pay a Biller’
3. Fill in the required details
4. Click Submit to generate the RRR
5. Proceed to make payment via the available payment channels.
How to add a bank account to your Remita Mobile/ Web
1. To add a bank account to your Remita web just Login to your Remita web profile
2. Then Click on the ‘Add Account’ sub-menu under the Administration menu
3. Add your account details and click Proceed
See also: How to Use Perfect Money And How You Can Fund It
To add a bank account to your Remita mobile
1. log in to your Remita mobile profile
2. Click on the menu option at the top left corner of the screen
3. Select ‘Add Bank Accounts & Cards
4.Click on ‘+’ on the bottom right corner
5. Add your account details and click Proceed
How to generate Remita code
If you want to generate a Remita retrieval reference (RRR), it could be for paying different TSAs and organizations like
- Federal government TSA
- State TSA
- To pay a biller
To pay federal government TSA
- Visit www.remita.net
- Click “Pay FGNs and State TSA”
- Select the option “Pay federal government of Nigeria”
- Type the name of the Ministry Department and Agency (MDA) in the field “Name of MDA”
- Select the name of the service or purpose that relates to the payment you are looking to pay.
- Follow the onscreen to complete your transaction and generate your Remita retrieval reference.
To pay State government TSA
- Visit the Remita website for step 1 above
- Select the state you wish to pay
- From the “Who do you want to pay” type the MDA
- Select the name of the service or purpose that relates to the payment, then complete the remaining steps from the onscreen.
- Click submit to generate your RRR
To pay a biller
- Visit the Remita website as seen above
- Click “Pay a biller”
- Type the MDA/corporate from the “who do you want to pay column”
- Select the name of the “Service/purpose” that relates to the payment
- Click on submit to generate your RRR.
How to confirm payment on Remita
- Kindly visit the website as seen above
- Log in to your Remita user account (You ought to have signed up)
- Kindly find and click the link thus “Pay an invoice”
- In the column provided insert your (RRR) Remita Retrieval Reference, having filled up the provided spaces, click on “Continue.”
On confirmation of Remita payment, you should receive any of the below messages
- The reference payment has been processed, this indicates that your payment has been completed successfully.
- The Remita page will populate for you to continue/complete the payment process, this means to say the payment is not successful yet or has not been initialized
- This reference does not exist please check and try again, this means that your RRR was mistyped.
How to setup Direct Debit/ Standing Order
- Go to www.remita.net
- Click on ‘Setup Standing Order’
- Select the ‘Recurring payment’ option
- Select the name of the biller in the field labeled ‘Who do you want to pay
- Fill in the required details
- Click Submit and the mandate will be generated.
- Take the form to the bank for Activation