The article contains the General requirements and guild lines for Nigerians that want to enlist into The Nigerian Army (NA).
The Nigerian Army is the largest component of the Nigerian Armed Forces, and solely responsible for land warfare operations.
Nigerian Army Recruitment: General Guidelines And Requirements
The Nigerian Army is governed by the Nigerian Army Council.
Q1: What is the general requirements for Nigerians plus holder of O ‘level result?
- Applicants shall be of Nigerian origin by birth.
- All Applicants must attend zonal screening exercise at the designated zonal centres for their respective states.
- Non-Tradesmen & Women Applicants must be aged between 18 – 22
- Tradesmen & Women Applicants must be aged between 18 – 26
- Applicants must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit and must not be less than 1.65 meters tall for male and 1.56 meters for female.
- Applicants must be free of any Criminal conviction.
Q2: What is the general requirements and guild lines for Nigerian citizens applying for the Army DSSC Recruitment?
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 22 and 35 years, while medical consultants be not more than 40 years of age.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Be recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant character and integrity. These could be by a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the state of the applicant.
- Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Candidates must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law.
- Military personnel must be free from any disciplinary case (This is to be endorsed by the Commanding Officer/Commander).
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit from any recognized institution of learning.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants (Less serving members of the Armed Forces) must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid exemption as the case may be.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only academic credentials obtained from 2006 to date will be considered.
- Candidates must present contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- Candidates must not have any body inscriptions.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post-secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
- Candidates must not be members of any cult/society/fraternity.
- All female applicants are advised to seek for commission into specialist corps e;g Medical, Legal Service or Army Public Relations.
These are the basic requirements for enlistment into the Nigerian Army.