Millions of Nigerians use and transfer data to each other and Nigeria has one of the highest number of internet users in Africa,
Q1: How to transfer and share data on MTN?
- Dial *131*2*1# or text REG to 131; to register for MTN Data Share.
- A unique security PIN will be sent to you.
- Change the new security PIN sent to you to a number you can easily remember,
- Dial *131*2*5# To change the system generated PIN to a PIN you can remember.
- OR send an SMS in this format:
- CHANGE 0000 *NEW PIN NEW PIN* to number 131. For Example, ‘CHANGE 0000 1472 7896 7561’ to 131
- Add beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data Bundle account by typing *131*2*2#
- You can add up to 5 beneficiaries.
- Once you have added the beneficiaries, you will be able to share your data among your added beneficiaries.
- To send or share data to any of your 5 MTN beneficiaries just SMS
- Share <PIN> to 131
- Dial the USSD code *131*2*3#.
Q2: How to share / transfer data on 9mobile (Etisalat)?
Here’s how to share data on 9Mobile;
- Dial *229*PIN*Volume of MB*9Mobile Number#
- Example, to share 20MB of data, dial in the format below:
- 9mobile’s default PIN is 0000,to Change Data Transfer Pin On 9Mobile
- Dial *247*Old PIN*New PIN#.
- Also note that the smallest and largest transferable data per transfer on 9mobile is 10MB and 50MB respectively.
- Daily data transfer limit is 250 MB
Data or MB transfer is only possible when you purchase a plan of 200MB upwards.
Q3: How to share,sell,gift and transfer Glo data?
- To Add people or beneficiaries
- Dial *127*01*[friend’s number]#
- Send “Share [friend’s number]” to 127
- Example Dial *127*01*0805XXXXXXX#
- Send Share 0805XXXXXXX to 127 via SMS
- To REMOVE people from sharing list or beneficiaries:
- Dial *127*02*[friend’s number]#
- Send “Remove [friend’s number]” to 127 via SMS.
- Example: Dial *127*02*0805XXXXXXX#
- Send Remove 0805XXXXXXX to 127
- To see people you share your MB or Data with ie share list:
- Dial *127*00#
- Send “List” to 127
Q5: How to share data on Airtel?
- Simply dial *141*1*5#
- Follow the menu prompt to change your pin and share data.
- Airtel’s default data pin is 1234
- You cannot transfer less than 3MB and more than 90% of your bundle.
- Android and Blackberry bundles cannot be shared.
If you have any questions,don’t hesitate to ask.